Friday, January 2, 2009

Art resolutions for 2009!

Alright, this was taken from http://xosadcatox.blogspot.com So instead of the usual 'clean my room' bs resolutions. Lets do one I'll actually WANT to do.

Art Resolutions
  1. Update Defated on time! My poor comic needs loving.
  2. Learn how to draw different people taht are distinguishable with just a face.
  3. Learn perspective!!
  4. Fuck around with watercolors more.
  5. Try a new medium this year and get good at it!
  6. Learn to make races distinguishable by how i draw them. 

3 comments:

  1. Fun stuff. 8D Best of luck!

    With the face goal, force yourself to go completely overboard! Go crazy with exaggerated features, head shapes, and positioning. It really gives you a broader idea of what little changes can really distinguish a face.

    Drawing people you see on the bus/subway/in lines/loitering outside of stores is also REALLY helpful. Even if sometimes they think you're nuts. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I get so hung up on drawing 'pretty' people, I need to change taht.
    I've been meaning to start doing that, but i always quit because i draw people in my classes and i'd get weirded out if they saw i was drawing them. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie! Thanks for the comment! It's always nice to hear from people who are reading my blog, because I never know who is exactly... And I looked at your site and your art is amazing! I hope you keep it up because you have a gift. Keep at it, no matter what.

    -Yurika

    ReplyDelete